Measure Distanze beetween planes

---

I have a 3D Scanned Objekt and need to measure some distances beetween planes. Creating the planes is very easy, love this. but i cant figure out how to measure the distance between thoose planes 😕 googled and watched videos but didnt find the solution.

image.thumb.png.4d8add611b1aa8e9266a7fed6fa505f3.png

Hi,

there is no simple answer to this question due to the fact that distance between planes can be ambiguous. We have discussed several possibilities how to measure it in a techguide article:

ZEISS Quality Tech Guide (gom.com) - How to Measure the Distance between Planes

Maybe this helps you.

Best regards

Christoph Schult

Edited

Please sign in to view this quote.

Yes measure distance of planes is technically not correct. But i was thinkin that this is one of the main use cases of such software. Im coming from cad software were i can select to planes or even to surfaces and get min max measurements. so i was wondering that a measurement software cant to this as easy.

habe ich auch soweit gelesen, da bestätigen sie auch das es dieses feature noch nicht gibt und sie es auf der todo liste haben, mal sehen ob und wann sie es implementieren. 

In fact, even if measuring a part with a practical tool such as cmm or some traditional testing tool, there has never been a way to judge that size from plane to plane. In essence, all planes are uneven across the entire surface. So, the scan recovered all that uneven surface and turned the uneven surface into an absolute plane through algorithms like Gaussian, Chebyshev...If you want to approach the optimal measurement method, you must understand what the nature of the measurement serves for what purpose, you will be able to provide an appropriate measurement plan.

Thanks!