Questions for developers - Development proposals

---

Dear developers,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the improvements so far, but I thought there was more room for improvement for the more complex parts. That is why I would like to report and ask questions here:

Why does smartteach???? generate different images for 3 identical CAD (If I put the piece in CAD1 position it generates enough images and the mesh is good, if I put it in CAD2 it generates less images and is not correct????)
Why is it not possible to display the angular positions of each image transparently in relation to the CAD model????
Why do you have to import the same evaluation into VMR 3 times for 3 exactly the same pieces???? Why not 1x and tell the software that yes 3db should be measured and just input in measuring setup where they are located.
Why can't you look at a given actual fitting element and see which image it is from or what percentage of the total element area is in that image? Or actual fitting element what coverage it has...
Why does Smartteach produce an image where about 30-40% of the measurement area is photographed? (More than half of the air is photographed as nothing) Why can't you set it to only take images that use at least 75% of the measurement volume?

Hello Gábor,

thank you for your congratulations and feedback. I try to address as many of your questions as possible, but for some we probably require your specific project(s). For that, please contact your local distributor to get a link to upload your data confidentially.

Please sign in to view this quote.

That is difficult to answer without the CAD data. Possibly the CAD data is positioned differently in the VMR, leading to different options for the robot to reach the required measuring positions.

What do you mean by "angular positions" and what do you want to do with that?

This is indeed correct. For measuring multiple instances of the same part, you need to copy it multiple times. We are aware of that issue, but I cannot tell you a timeframe on when this will be improved. 

When selecting an element, you can use the "Related Elements" explorer to see which measurements are measuring the selected element.

Depending on the measuring principles of your inspection elements Smart Teach creates measurements in certain viewing directions for the inspection elements. This might sometimes require odd looking measurement positions. You can select the measurement and look in the "Relates To" to identify the elements being measured by that position. Again, if you think there are wrong positions in your specific measuring project generated by Smart Teach, we would like to analyze the project.

Regards,

Jan