Changing Reference Frame in a Template?

---

Hi,

Im using GOM Correlate to analyse High Speed 2D images taken from an external source (Photron High Speed camera). Due to changes in the velocity of the dynamic tensile test (using a pendulum impactor and a fixed 9000 FPS framerate for all tests) - the reference stage will change when the test impact velocity changes.

I have setup all the measurements I need and saved as a Template, but need to change the Reference Stage depending on the test velocity. Is there a way to update which stage is used as a reference stage once the Template is loaded (for about 15 measurements) ? Or Is there a better way to do this (ie record a macro where the user defines the Reference stage before the measurements are created?)

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I would go for manual editing of the reference stage after the import each of the measurements into the Template. 

If you have a strict relation of reference time (and thus stage index) and impact speed, you can also record a script to set the Reference Stage automatically (as you mentioned/ intended?!). You can even script a function to get the index of needed stage from stage time, if needed.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Thorsten