automatic export of welding groove dimension(ex.csv file)

---

Now trying the automation export of welding groove dimension of pipe.

Can gom inspect software select some dimensions like outer/inner diameter and angle of groove,and others without designating on the software USER interface?

Thanks.  Mr.Muehl

One more question.

For example, if I have another pipe data(almost same configuration)

,the  report page can make another one's report page automatically?

That means  the report page has the script (programing that gets  the same kind of dimensions and report page)?

Hello,

yes, the software including the report is parametric. The professional version is needed for a parametric workflow, though.

The basic workflow would be to construct elements, inspections, report etc. on a CAD and simply change the measured mesh and recalculate the project. Please have a look at this course (workflow with report is shown in chapter "Why Go Pro? - Inspection Planning":

(eLearning) 780 Starter Training GOM Inspect

Nanno

Thanks. Mr.Muehl

Following your suggestion I have learned Inspection Planning and others.

One question:

Inspection Planning suggests me that new report will be created by recalculating the original report to new data. It's very useful for recurrent work. This function is available only for professional version?

Tanaka

Hello Mr. Tanaka,

yes, this is a feature of the professional version. Another pro feature would be a stage project for statistic evaluations.

You can request a 14-day trial via the Zeiss Quality Suite to try it out.

Regards
Nanno

Thanks Mr.Muehl

I have installed the trial version GOM Inspect Pro and tried recalculation. It was fine.

I got the dimension table for the data and download the csv file.

Question:

In Gom Inspection Pro can I make our original table  format installed from our database?

Or Can I use script for our original table format?

Hello,

with the Pro version it is possible to customize the table for export and save this as a template. What kind of database do you mean? It is only possible to import table templates generated with our software. Typical exports like DMIS or QDAS can be customized too. 
The techguide article for table editing can be found here:

ZEISS Quality Tech Guide (gom.com)

Regards

Thanks.

Mr.Muehl

Not the special template, it's a simple EXECL sheet with   a groove diagram.

I  have understood table template can  be customized  only in Gom software.

So is  the technique to meet our goal like that first to make a table template in Gom software,and export the csv file to my PC ,then transpose csv file to our EXCEL sheet.

Am I right?

Question

Can I use script function for our purpose mentioned above?