Import ASCII Data

---

When I imported ASCII data, I found that the imported data would be in global coordinates. However, when I edited the data, I followed other coordinates. Is it possible to choose the corresponding coordinate system when importing the data.

Hi,

if you import "actual" data you have usually to consider which alignment is active in your project. If all data which shall be imported are in a consistent coordinate system ensure that the alignment is set to 'Original alignment' before you import your data. 
If the data is measured in different coordinate systems then you have to manually transform this data: This can be achieved with 'Single element transformation' (you find these functionalities under 'Operations->Alignment->Single element transformation')

Attention: Applying 'Single element transformation' operations destroys your parametric information. Therefore use this functionality only on data which is NOT constructed or directly measured in ZEISS Inspect and apply this transformation as early as possible in your process (before you construct further elements). Ask you local ZEISS support for more information on this workflow!

Regards,

Bernd