Export Section data on ARAMIS Professional 2016

---

I have a measuring project with a section showing the strains along a line, created via construct->section->single section. It is displayed in the diagram, I can export the data for one stage, one inspection value manually via file->export->geometry->ascii (.csv does not work). Some questions remain:

- How can I export the data of a section for all stages as a .csv or .asc?

- How can I get the column headers since there are some columns I don't know what they are?

- Seems like the horizontal axis is flipped, why is that?

- What I would like to have is "index id coordinateX coordinateY coordinateZ strainX strainY", how can I get such an export?

Regards

Stefan

Plane X +0.000 mm.epsXY.ascVV1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about 2016, but in 2020 (with all your section inspections highlighted), you can go file -> Export -> Stage Data -> CSV...

From there, you can specify if you want to export all stages, and if you want to do it in one big file or one file per stage.

Hello,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately this seems not to work in 2016, the error messsage is:

"Error MCADImport-011:

There is no valid element selected in the explorer.

Error in stages (stage 280): Please select exportable elements.

This export format does not support element "Plane X +0.000 mm"

If I go to "Export Diagram Contents" (I can actually see the section data in the diagram), the error message is

"Cannot export inspection data and curve data together."

See attached screenshots, am I highlighting the wrong thing or am I constructing the section the wrong way? I feel this should be possible but I don't get it.

Thanks for your help

Stefan

error1.jpg

error2.jpg