Is there any way to upgrade pip in gom?

---

Hi,

I'm trying to install a python module ur_rtde, but it is failing and I think it may have to do with the pip being out of date. I'm using gom 2020, and the pip version is 19.1.1. The documentation for installing ur_rtde specifies it requires pip 19.3 or above. Is there any way to upgrade the pip version for gom scripting?

Thanks!

Hi Christian,

if i remember correct there is a script somewhere in scripting -> script choice called "install python package". There you can enter "pip" and it will download and install it. The dialog Looks like this:
image.png.64d09020aff641de68692004d3beea2a.png

There is also a python folder in C:programs/gom/*year*/python with modules, downloading and inserting it might work, too.

Nanno

• 4 months later...
---

Hello,

I seem to have a similar problem. I would like to update my pip version, however when I use pip in the "install python package" this is what I got as an output.

image.png.ea33fdfedfaea33073ac798a71fb1b49.png

It says it was installed, but I'm not using it. I also considered upgrading via consule, like recommended, and it says the same. It's installed.

Do I need to remove any files, from the previous version? 

I've also gone to C:programs/gom/*year*/python, but I can't understand where to put files, nor what files can I insert there.

In my AppData\Roaming\gom\2019\python folder, I have a "pip" folder next to a "pip-24.0 dist-info", so I'm assuming it is really installed.

Thank you.

---

Hi,

I could only test it with SW2022. The following procedure worked for me:

> cd C:\Program Files\GOM\2022\python
>.\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\program files\gom\2022\python\lib\site-packages (23.0)
Collecting pip
  Downloading pip-24.0-py3-none-any.whl (2.1 MB)
     ---------------------------------------- 2.1/2.1 MB 4.0 MB/s eta 0:00:00
Installing collected packages: pip
  WARNING: The scripts pip.exe, pip3.9.exe and pip3.exe are installed in 'C:\Users\IQMPRINK\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\Scripts' which is not on PATH.
  Consider adding this directory to PATH or, if you prefer to suppress this warning, use --no-warn-script-location.
Successfully installed pip-24.0

[notice] A new release of pip is available: 23.0 -> 24.0
[notice] To update, run: python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
>

You can ignore the last notice - if you run the command a second time, you get:

>.\python.exe -m pip install --upgrade pip
Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeable
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\users\iqmprink\appdata\roaming\python\python39\site-packages (24.0)
>

To check the pip version installed in the GOM Software, run the following code in the script editor:

import pip
print(pip.__version__)

I got: