code to get CT cathode hours

---

I'm looking to build a simple script an operator can run to predict or instruct when a calibration should be done.

All I would need is the code to extract the current cathode hours.  Can anyone provide that if it is possible.

Thanks

Dear Tim,

I looked into this - unfortunately there does not seem to be a Python interface for this. I also asked a colleague who is currently absent.

Best Regards

Matthias 

I dont know enough about zeiss ct and what can be extracted ,  but is a possible workaound using a code to create a text file/append based on datestamps of actions?

Its not very nice but just a thought

Thanks for looking...

I have a tally script that exports every part #, parts scanned, date, scan time, post time, and total time. It populates into excel with pleasing formatting which I don't enjoy coding pleasing formatting in openpyxl.

I was hoping not to program another function or module, but it won't be too hard as I output totals each end of day. It won't be as accurate due to calibration times, morning warm up times and perhaps maybe cathode adjustment or other issues that won't sync up perfectly.

• 1 month later...

@MatthiasPrinke

That is great, thanks. I will be able to provide weekend pop up warnings when to calibrate now.

Please post an update here when it goes live.

• 2 months later...
---

This feature will be available in SW2023 Service Pack 2.

Example:

print(gom.script.ct.get_system_status())
# Example output:
# {'cathode_operation_time': 1727372, 'high_voltage_in_kv': 0.0, 'is_activatable': True, 'is_cooling_system_running': True, 'is_key_switch_ok': True, 'is_self_adjustment_running': False, 'is_system_safeguarded': True, 'is_xray_source_ready': True, 'max_high_voltage_in_kv': 160.0, 'power_in_w': 0.0}

---

@matthiasPrinke

Thank you for the update. Isn't Service Pack 2 already released?

This is timely bc management is pushing me to automate our utilization for evaluation when we may purchase a 3rd CT.