Global Reference points in ATOS Template

---

Hi,

I am using ATOS Triple scan and ATOS V8SR1 software. For my project I have done a photogrammtry and created a reference points. 

How to alingn this reference points to the fixture cad model before scanning the part.  

In my project CAD model is in different alingment, photogrammetry in different alingment and scan measurement series in different alignment.

How to group them in single alingment and create a master scan template. Is there any way to edit global reference points 'XYZ Coordinate) in measurement series?

gom forum.JPG

Edited
uploaded picture

Hi,

your project setting sounds a little bit strange and may be it is much better that you contact your local GOM partner in your country.

Usually you would take the following steps:

1. Measure your photogrammetry 
  2. Scan your part depending to this photogrammetry
  3. Align your scanned data to the CAD, e.g  via Prealignment (automatically all the measurement lists are also transformed into the CAD coordinate system)
    1. If you only measure via photogrammetry you can align this data also usually with a '3-Point alignment' to get nearer to your CAD  and an additional 'Local Bestfit alignment' of all photogrammetry points to your CAD (if the photogrammetry points are stucked to your measured part)
    2. Of course, you can also construct local geometrical primitives, e.g a plane or a cylinder, directly on a subset of your photogrammetry points and you can use these geometries to establish an alignment (via 'Geometric alignment')

Hope this helps?!

Regards,

Bernd

Thank you Bernd. It's work now with the above steps. Especially on the 2point sacn your part "depending" to this photogrammetry

Regards,

Arun