Exporting surface colorbar legend as a file

---

Hello,

you can add a legend template to an addon (2023) or to a package (2022 and before). Click on manage templates and then add to package/addon:

image.png.e40ffbf7ef5c09ce9e66a99a75d10282.png

Nanno

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nanno I have a similar question as Kousuke. I know that it is possible to create, export and import legend templates as packages (".package") from the "Edit Legend" utility.

What I want to do is automate with python the creation of custom legends templates and for that I need to know if there's any file with usable extension (json, xml, txt, csv etc.) where the templates data are stored. I checked and ".package" files are binary and thus I don't know what to do with them:

image.thumb.png.cd0f4646c113f21491f750774eaa2438.png

Can You help me find a solution? 

Hello,

in the new addon editor you have direct access to the files.

If you click on the "new template" button in the legend editor you are guided through a template creation process:

image.png.bcc0f683840ebe27c5e28515d3be1dcc.png

Maybe this is already what you are looking for? Or does it miss something for your application?

Nanno

Thanks Harry and Nanno. I scoured inside the packages after unzipping them. They have some metadata in the json files but the data i wanted to manipulate are inside a series of .bin files. I think the solution is to create the packages manually and then manage them through the API. Thanks again! Merry Christmas!