F T & A in Catia and Import in GOM professional

---

Hello,

could someone from you please help with this question?

I am defining some G D & T features in Catia F T & A Workbench. There are two planes in my geometry which I want to give a linear dimension. When I select those two planes in F T & A, it shows me the linear dimension option and I get a value. My question is if I try to import such dimension, is GOM able to recognise them and creates a Linear dimension. I am asking because I saw in GOM a symmetry plane is created for linear dimension. Do I need to create it manually?

If I give one plane a position tolerance from my Datums and measure other plane with parallelity, is it also a good alternative solution? Position because in my last question I asked whether planes should be given a position instead Profile of Surface tolerance. 

I thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards

Samkit

If the planes are opposing (normals point in opposite directions and there is overlap), then the symmetry plane and linear size element are automatically created during import.

In other constellations (e.g. steps), the way of using one plane as a datum and constructing a position tolerance on the other one is the preferred one.

Thanks for your comments. 

is parallelity also a good internative from the datum plane instead a position tolerance?

Kind Regards

Samkit