3DConnexion Spacemouse

---

Is anyone else clamoring for Spacemouse drivers on GOM Inspect Pro and ZRE? This would be a huge help in my day-to-day operations. I have spoken to a couple of people at Zeiss about this, with no "official" ticket submitted. I was wondering how many others in the community are anxiously awaiting this resolution, and if there were any moderators that could speak to the development of drivers. 

Edited
verbiage correction

I use a 3DCONNEXION SpaceExplorer and it works fine.  Not sure why the Spacemouse models wouldn't be supported.

• 2 weeks later...

The space mouse speed is not controllable at all in GOM, no adjustments available, and it is super sensitive. Other programs, such as Rhino and SolidWorks are compatible, and the speed is variable while using on those two software packages. Using it with GOM Vol Insp Pro is difficult, while using it with the ZRE software is impossible, as the slightest touch of the mouse sends the model into oblivion.    

If I press the "panel" on my 3DCONNEXION SpaceExplorer while the GOM software has the focus, I get several options to adjust the 3D mouse Properties in the Software (or "menu" button) such as "Speed" -> did you try that?
See also https://techguide.zeiss.com/en/older-versions-faq/article/faq_does_the_gom_software_support_the_3d_mouses_from_3dconnexion.html

Edited

• 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to view this quote.

Hi Karin, thanks for this, will look into on my end, appreciate the suggestions and link.

• 3 weeks later...

This did not work on my end, the mouse is still very sensitive, barely usable, would like to be able to actually utilize the settings to control the speed. 3DConnexion says Zeiss has to reach out to work with them to develop a working solution.