Importing own Strain field

---

Hi everyone!

I see that i can create major and minor strain fields with GOM. What I would like to have is a strain field with both - major and minor strain, while the maximum absolute value should be picked - like this:

if abs(major strain) > abs(minor strain), choose major strain, else choose minor strain. 

I thought I could import a csv file after exporting both strain fields from gom as csv, and then just adjust the file. But I am unable to import the file.

I appreciate the help!

Hello Shajia,
you do not need to import anything, but can use the included functionality of the so called "user-defined-check":
image.thumb.png.194f15b15a22441d1fa074eeb51e3216.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards, Thorsten

Thank you Thorsten! This helped very much. Where do I find the explanations to the expressions? I did not know about the "?" and the ":". I removed the abs after the "?" and I got what I needed, as I want to keep the sign to compare it with my FE-Simulation!

(I guess you speak German, you can answer in German as well)

Kind regards

Shajia

Hi Shajia,
I'll stick to english, to perhaps reach more people. 😉
Glad to hear that it helped. 😃
There are no (real) explanations about the "regular expression" (as far as I know). You have to now... 
I'm not sure if you can find something in the training/ hack videos!? 
You could have acchieved the same with a "if-else-statement", but I liked this more (in this case) as it keeps things simple, short and clear. And in addition spreads this knowledge. 😉

Kind regards,
Thorsten

Edited

Yes, the if-else-statements were also the first thing I wanted to try but I was lacking a lot of knowledge 😄

Your way helped a lot, thank you!