Is there a way to replace an alignment?

---

I'm looking through the 2023 tools and see a lot more stuff for editing alignments.  We are not using 2023 yet, but I'm excited to. I just used the 'analyze required alignments' tool inside the dropdown operations > alignment > edit alignments. Congrats to the GOM team that is a very nice addition....specially for someone that has to fix old programs not done right by previous programmers.

Here is my question.....I have this program that wasn't done correctly and over 300 features are set to the 'BASE ALIGNMENT'. Is there a way I can create a new alignment and then replace that alignment AND have all the features that use that alignment get automatically switched the the new alignment?

i think I can code something up in python to do this, but I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks....

Edited

Hi Tim thanks for the feedback 🙂

You can create another initial alignment via the menu Operations -> Alignment -> Initial alignment. Under Alignment -> edit alignment there is "Define as initial alignment"

With the subexplorer you could identify elements, wich depend on the alignment and change the alignment required only for these elements. 

Nanno