Missing "Single Step" option for running a script in Gom Inspect Pro 2022

---

Hello everybody,

we recently updated from GOM Inspect Pro 2018 to GOM Suite and GOM Inspect Pro 2022.

While working with scripts, I always started them using "Single Step" when debugging.

In the new software version, I can only start normally with the "Run" button (see pictures below).

Do you have the same problem? Can I fix it somehow?

Will the problem be solved with future updates?

Thanks!

2018 Version:

image.png.cfe8423223a5d1153ee6d467859cb3b3.png

2022 Version:

image.png.523e44be2b441bf1ff1c014cab72353f.png

Edited

• [Ju...] changed the title to Missing "Single Step" option for running a script in Gom Inspect Pro 2022

Functions already contained in the integrated editor (step-by-step execution, running color bar for display of currently executed command) are taken from there to indicate that these are all contained in the external programming environment, which the programmer - especially the "occasional programmer" - must first familiarize himself with in a more or less time-consuming manner. 

If you start a script in the external programming environment, you can of course only see the execution of the script, i.e. the result of the script run, in ZEISS Inspect - a second monitor for "distributing" the two applications is therefore "mandatory".

To define a dialog window, however, please switch back to the editor integrated in ZEISS Inspect, as you cannot define these dialog windows in the external programming environment, at least that is my current state of knowledge.

My conclusion: a little bit here, a little bit there. 
All in all, a great thing.

Hello Nanno, Hello Andreas,

thanks for the help!

I am indeed an "occasional programmer". But I think with the guide and and a few hours of effort I can get used to Visual Studio and get back to debugging. 

I have been using GOM (now Zeiss) for about 15 years and I am having trouble using Visual Studio. I hope they will restore the ability to use single step in the embedded script editor in Zeiss in the next release.