Question/Need help - GOM ROT 350 Speed and Rotation Issues 2024-Q1

---

I recently assisted a customer in purchasing a GOM Scan 1 system, which includes the GOM ROT 350 motorized rotation table. However, the customer is experiencing two issues:

• Limited Rotation: The rotation table does not rotate the full 360 degrees.
  • Slow Speed: The rotation speed is too slow for efficient scanning.

I am seeking guidance on how to resolve these issues.

Is there any way to increase the rotation speed and ensure that the table rotates the full 360 degrees? If so, could you please provide a guide to follow?

Attached 1 screenshot - hardware seems okay.

Screenshot 2024-01-25 12.24.22.png

Hello,
Among the templates there is the option to create additional ones for the rotary table. There you can adjust the rotation speed as well as the starting speed. For me it was the case that the starting speed was much too jerky and my parts did not remain stable on the turntable. The rotation speed was also a little too high for me. This new template could be selected exactly in the menu you showed.

If you would now take a screenshot of what you currently have set up when scanning with the turntable, we could also help you.
Here you can basically set the angular range in which the turntable rotates, in which direction and with how many steps.

• 1 month later...
---

Hi Axel, thanks for following up!

The customer sent the attached video. I can also visit the customer site to capture high-resolution images and videos if needed.

We're encountering an issue where we cannot create a new template to edit existing ones and adjust the rotary table speed, even though the license is activated.

Could you please share any relevant documents or a step-by-step guide on creating and editing templates to control the rotary table speed?
This would be very helpful.

---

Santosh

the video shows the software does not have access to a professional licence .  Do they have a dongle? . From memory you need the pro licence in order to get into the automation controller templates.

Hardware problems are not simple to solve on the forum.  It sounds like you are a distributor so it is a bit strange to me that you reach out to the forum?

Neverthless..

Being too slow is one thing...not rotating 360 is something else.  This used to happen sometimes on older model rotation tables where the controller got confused which table was connected /user selected wrong model with different gear encoding .

Aside from checking that the usb connection is sound and you are plugging in directly rather than through a multi usb plug it could be potentially faulty rot unit.

Do you have another one that you could try with the client?

---

Hi James,
Thanks for following up 😊

My background: I worked for a 3D printer company – a previous startup.

Earlier, one of our customers had asked for recommendations on which scanner to buy, and I had suggested the GOM Scanner since I was familiar with it during my study time. Approximately 1.5 years ago, they made the purchase but haven't used it. A few months back, they tried to use it, and as I'm trying to help them, I noticed that the rotary table isn't rotating 360 degrees as it should and is very slow. Therefore, I'm reaching out here for help – not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there are hardware issues.

About the Customer Case:
I informed them that while operating GOM Inspect software, the USB Dongle must be inserted for licensing. I assume that they have done so. Anyway, tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday this week, I'm planning to visit them, try it myself, and share the issues step by step.

If there is a way to reach out to customer care for this, it would be very helpful.