How to align via holes

---

Hi Zeiss community!

I need some help doing an alignment. I would like to compare this poorly scanned mesh with my cad model. I tried to use the alignment tool but I can not get it to an approximation. I thought of doing it by the holes, I know they are not exactly on the same coordenates, but just by aligning one or two I could get the difference.

How could I do it? I also attach the .inspect in this link for any help.

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/8r51vjcrgnmdhva/cad_mesh_align_hole.rar/file

image.thumb.png.b694d9ddc218392eb7cd549d110b1bba.png

image.png.f23fd9f0975e84fb77cb401d2eac54aa.png

Thanks.

image.png

Its a little hard to see but it looks like you do not have any depth to the holes in your actual scan?  You will need some depth here to even think about attempting an alignment by the holes.  There could be crude ways of doing it by eye but this would be non parametric and not something id recommend as it isnt a regular workflow .

Hi,

only a short notice: For sheet metal applications you should use Greyvalue-Features to measure holes. For Greyvalue-Features you need special measurement constellations, I guess their is course for measuring sheet metals.

And these holes could then be used in an RPS alignment (as one possible example).

Regards,

Bernd

Hello Luis,

the problem is that the actual data is too far away from the nominal elements and there is no data in the lateral orientation of the holes for the pre-alignment to work properly. If this is your only scan and you do not need the parametric, I recommend that you construct fitting circles on the actual data and link them to the nominal circles on the CAD. You can then try an RPS alignment. 

image.thumb.png.2fbba33510ed5fd413d7d9e0aa6d6e52.png

image.thumb.png.3b2eb4c6c3eafa9cddb8d2d59b819d2c.png

Best regards,

Lukas

Edited