align betwen two or more point cloud

---

Hi everyone; with several parts, we need to scan them whole, their entire surface. To do that, first we scan the part in one position and then we rotate the part so we can scan the other side. Next, we need to align both point clouds, to build the mesh. How can I do that?. Is there any option in Zeiss Inspect 2023 menu to do that?

Thanks

Hello , the general workflow is to use 'common reference points'.  To be honest this is a topic i would have expected to have been covered very early in standard training that is provided with systems.

Hello, that may be so, but we are preparing to recibe our brand new Scanbox 5120, and these are doubts that arise as we analyse each of our parts. Noew my question is: Can these targets be placed in a fixture where parts are supported?

Thanks

Automated systems absolutely benefit from having reference frames carrying the reference markers.

However it is not a good idea to think you can flip the component with the fixture .

Again in my opinion if you are in the process of purchase i would have expected your distributor /apps contact to work with you on how you will deploy it for your application , including advice on fixturing and workflows .

• 2 weeks later...