Before and after comparison of coated part

---

I have a two meshes of a part before and after coating application. I have converted mesh to CAD and completed a surface comparison. What I would like to do is complete another surface comparison on the coated part, but compared to the actual CAD. 

Is it possible to have two CAD models in the same project so I can generate a report comparing all components? 

Thanks,

Travis

HI,

with a professional version you can multiple possibilities.

1. Create a second part and instead "converting" the actual data into a CAD, you can simply use the 'Continous surface distance' between the two meshes.
    1. Of course, you can create also the normal surface comparison betwenn CAD and an actual mesh
  2. Or you import the actual meshes into a trend project (with two stages). We offer the possibility to show the deviations against one stage (which compares an actual mesh to the same mesh in a different stage)

Hope this helps?!

Regards,

Bernd

I have to compare area of the mesh/mesh comparison. I can't extract this information from the CAD mesh. Is it possibile to extract area not using the name of the mesh, but using a formula that works in every mesh CAD? And how to do it?