Question about exporting .csv file

---

When I tried to export .csv file of each stage, I found GOM was showing "exporting elements(xml)", see following picture.

Capture2.JPG.e2eeffe1f4dfbd271f1676a929e4900c.JPGCapture1.JPG.fc7a8a50e66a85cbee5274852c14b52b.JPG

And when I checked the export folder, there was also .xml file as well as .csv file, though the .xml file would disappear after finishing exporting. But my question is why GOM export .xml file when it was chosen to export .csv file. And I also noticed that if I exported only .xml file, around 300 MB, it only took a few seconds, while exporting several .csv file, totally also around 300MB, would take several hours. Could anyone help me to figure it out?

Best,

Si

Dear Si Chen,

the GOM Software internally always creates a xml file when exporting data. The data is then transformed from xml to the specified file format using xslt, in your case csv. The transformation from xml to csv takes more time than just exporting the xml file.

Regards,

Daniel Schrein

Thank you for your reply.

By the way, will it be improved in future? Since speed of exporting .csv files is too slow.

Best,

Si