Orthogonal View of Volume Does Not Show Volume Slices

---

---

I was interested in using the new orthogonal view in INSPECT X-Ray 2023 but contrary to all the training videos I've seen, when I import the reconstruction volume from our Metrotom I get nothing in the section view by default. I almost always do a automatic volume extraction and volume reduction prior to polygonization so I'm curious if that is somehow causing the issue?

Either way, if I make the linked volume exclusive and open the multiview with the orthogonal view template, nothing shows up. Even if I use the alt+r command to center on the part or visually move the axis planes to an area of interest.

Has anyone else had this issue?

---

Hi Matt,

that should not be the case. I have a few questions about this:

1. Which version of the 2023 are you using? The volume in the measurement category was made visible in the orthogonal view in Service Pack 1. Before that, only the Linked Volume was visible there.
  2. Are you importing the volume into a new project? In that case, normally it should automatically create a linked volume and the view planes should be adjusted to slice through the center of the volume. Right after the import, is it already not visible in the orthogonal section views?
  3. Does the Linked Volume show up in the 3D view when you are making it exclusively visible (e.g. is it linked to a volume)?
  4. What options are you setting in the automatic extraction function for "Delete original volume" and "Create parts for extracted volumes"?

Best regards,

Sebastian

---

Please sign in to view this quote.

1) This could be part of the issue. I am doubtful that SP1 is installed on our analysis PC for this unit since it is not directly connected to the internet and needs to be manually updated.
2) Yes the volume is being imported into a new project but there are no slices visible.
3) Yes, the linked volume shows up in the 3D view when exclusive.
4) When extracting I DO choose to delete the original volume but I do not have it automatically create parts for the extraction. I will typically extract the areas, reduce the volume size, and then polygonize the reduced volume.

---

Based on some toying around it seems like maybe reducing the volume is causing it not to individually render all the volume slices? I can see them if I clip through the volume but it won't display them all orthogonally.

---

Please sign in to view this username.

What training were you referring to in your post? I'd like to have a look at it if.

thanks.

---

Could you please get in contact with our professional support (support.optical.metrology@zeiss.com) and provide support data and, if possible, a project in an incorrect state. Then we can have a closer look at what is wrong there. In the mean time you could try to update to Service Pack 1 and check if the problem is still there.

He is most probably referring to this training videos: ZEISS INSPECT X-Ray - Update Training 2023 (EN) (gom.com)