Seeking Advice on Module Import Issue within ZEISS addon editor

---

---

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a challenge while working with the ZEISS addon editor and would appreciate any guidance or solutions you might offer. Specifically, the issue arises when trying to install Python modules that do not come with a wheel file (.whl) and are only available as compressed files (.tar.gz), such as pyautogui.

image.png.5b16aa4ebfb9186592fa7e208c106b3d.png

When attempting to import these modules into the ZEISS software environment, the process fails, presumably because the software does not properly handle modules without a wheel file. To circumvent this issue, I've been installing the problematic modules globally in my Python environment, which isn't ideal for various reasons, including potential conflicts and dependencies management.

Is there a more elegant or ZEISS-specific approach to handle such situations? Perhaps a way to manually compile these modules into a compatible format or an alternative method to import them directly into the ZEISS addon editor?

I'm eager to hear your thoughts or suggestions on this matter. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

---

BTW: If you plan to use pyautogui for automated testing of an Add-on, there might be a more comfortable solution. We will provide a Python class as a wrapper for user defined dialogs soon. If a dialog with a certain title is opened, the test case code will fill in predefined values and close the dialog with the predefined button. 

---

Dear Matthias,

Thanks for the tips on Python wheelhouses and pyautogui, very helpful! Excited to hear more about the Python class wrapper for dialogs.
Appreciate your support.