Zeiss Comet L3D 5M - installation issue - Gig E vision board not found

---

---

Hello Forum users, I recently obtained a Zeiss Comet L3D 5M without a laptop, but with installation DVD, Dongle, calibration etc. I have several older laptops and PC in my posession, my take would be that, if everything worked correctly (meaning it is not broken) , it would install. I installed and conencted everything, and it seems i am stuck on one notification, and that concerns the Gig E vision drivers or board.

So in short:

- The Comet L3D 5m is a unit from around 2012 and it was recalibrated in 2017

- Software is CometPLus 9.91 , and Colin 3D 5.02, which are operated by a codemeter usb dongle

- The hardware connection is an ethernet cable to the computer from the scanner, and a usb cable to the computer from a "USB-to-CAN compact"  convertor, which converts a signal from a control box which is connected to the scanner and to 220V power.

I installed everything on a 2012 desktop system with Windows 7, and also 2 laptops with Windows 10. In both cases the USB-to-CAN works correctly. The dongle and software also work correctly. I imported the calibration board info and the different calibrations of this sytem (100mm / 250mm / 500mm), and try to connect to the sensor from CometPLus 9.91. It simply will not connect to the camera, while it should be able to find it.

Is there anyone who has experience with this system? I have included the error message in the pictures. 

There is also just 1 error during installation of only CometPLus, however it gives a message that it is installed correctly, and also Colin 3D contains a driver package. I cannot seem to avoid that error, but as i said, it will install anyway, and seems to be some kind of 'first-startup' error but i am not sure.

Afbeelding van Lucas van Rennes(2).jpg

PXL_20240324_180624020.jpg

Afbeelding van Lucas van Rennes.jpg

---

So here is the dll message during installation. However i think this is only after the first install when computer has not booted up yet. The software CometPLus starts up without issue, it just cannot provide an image.

Afbeelding van Lucas van Rennes(1).jpg

Schermafbeelding 2024-03-22 165851.png

---

I dont know the comet system , but i do know atos systems very well.  

Id like to take a guess that you are missing the physical gige converter board that you woukd plug the ethernet cable from the camera into the board , then into the port on the laptop.

Atos systems from around this time needed this , so this is only a guess.

Example of the type of card i have in mind

https://www.connectixcablingsystems.com/4931-startech-com-startech-com-dual-port-expresscard-gigabit-ethernet-nic-network-card-0065030843669.html

Hope this is helpful , and hope someone with specific experience can clarify