ATOS Core vs ATOS Q

---

---

My team is looking into potentially upgrading from the older ATOS Core scanners to the new ATOS Q. I have a contact at Capture3D with whom I have been in contact with, but I am curious to hear from community members as well. I'm fairly certain that our Core scanners are equipped with 5 Megapixel cameras, so the newer 12 Megapixel cameras in the ATOS Q will help in achieving better resolution and finer details.

• With some of the GOM products, I am able to see a metric called 'Point Spacing'. Could someone explain what this is indicative of? If I understand correctly, it can be calculated by taking your Measuring Volume size and dividing it by your Number of Megapixels.
  • We would like a scanner capable of final product acceptance and to accurately measure in the low thousandths or tenths range. It seems to me that a ATOS Core 135 is easily capable of achieving this. The downside of the Core 135 though is that its measuring volume is so small, that it will take many more individual scans to fully capture a part. So, in using an ATOS Q with say a 170 Measuring Volume or 270 Measuring Volume and its 12MP cameras, then we achieve slightly better accuracy than a Core 135. Is my thinking correct?