Touch Sphere contact point

---

Is there a way to determine the contact point of a Touch Sphere? I'm using GOM Inspect Professional 2018, HotFix 7. I've created a nominal Sphere element, and applied the Measuring Principle "Touch Sphere" to it. I used the "one contact point" option. The software creates the Actual Touch Sphere properly. But now I want to know exactly WHERE the Actual Touch Sphere contacts my Actual Mesh. Better still, I would like to create a Point Element (or Surface Point element) from this point of contact. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Touch Sphere contact point.JPG

Hello Michael,

there is a menu entry under construct -> point cloud -> ... from touch sphere which will create the touch point(s).

Regards

Nanno

Hi Michael,

please keep in mind that this "touch point" could only be "measured" virtually (with software functions like ours), but usually not physically (in a direct way). Even if a different software program offers you such a contact point you should consider how they do that if you want to compare the (different) results. For example: A CMM measurement machine will usually do a different type of compensating (e.g. based on touch directions). Nevertheless: For comparing results you must know exactly how they calculate these contact points.

Regards,

Bernd