the symmetry of two symmetry

---

if you mark them and on list in actuals click right and go to "select all points of element" or something like that. 

or you may first select them by clicking on labels with holding ctrl key and then go to function (perpendicularity ) 

or meybe first select them on list and then go to perpendicularity  

or meybe make only this planes visible and on bottom panel click "select all" 

or also keep in mind what some funcions requires selections first and then chosing of functions, some others works only when you first select function and later elements, and some funciotns works only when firs you select one element then choose function and then select second element. So it gives quite lot of combinations to play 

or i do not know ... this selection restrictions and order is kind of puzzle game for me. I'm using this software about 4 months and still cannot make some things, probably becouse of selections mistery 

Edited

Hi Mr Damian;

Thank for your answer , I try to select all the points of the symetrical plane but its impossible , I do know why ? Maybe an expert can explain to us .

thank you!

Hello,

the symmetry of two symmetry planes can't be checked like that because the original point selection is missing. As a workaround you could triangulate the symmetrical planes and construct a fitting plane on the triangulated planes. But this is not according to a standard like ISO.

Regards,

Nanno

Hello Mr Nanno

I want to measure the perpendicularity of the datum S .

--> Datum S is the symetrical plane of the two symetrical planes (see pictures please).

thank you in advance for your help !

02-09-2021 15-36-25.png

02-09-2021 15-40-56.png

Hello,

I can't create a fitting plane from anny symmetrical plane .Although, I can measure the perpendicularity of the two symmetrical planes (of plane 1 and 2) &(of plane 2&3) .

thank you

Hello,

this seems to be a CZ evaluation of two symmetric planes. If I am correct, such evaluation is possible starting with  GOM Software 2021. Simple create your two symmetry planes, put them (to be exact the nominal one) into one element group and choose perpendicularity on the element group.

Hope this helps.

Christoph Schult

Hello, 

first, you have to tesselate (I wrote wrongly "triangulate" in the post before) the two actual symmetrical planes. Construct -> Surface -> Tesselate geometric element. This will create a surface and you have to construct a fitting plane on these surfaces. The symmetrical plane of the fitting planes on the tesselated surfaces have a point selection so the check can be applied. It is still a workaround, though and not according to a standard.

Snag_2ee1d07a.thumb.png.11782cf3e758047bfd6bf47e87ef02b3.pngSnag_2ee20ca8.thumb.png.84bb53c16fde9b5cf60116a77b37c65a.png

Regards,

Nanno

Mr Nanno ;

thank you very much .it's work but why it's not according to a standard. I checked the to plane (the original symetrical plane and the tessellated one) they are in the same position .

thank you !

02-09-2021 16-45-17.png

Hello,

In the GOM Software 2021 there is no need to tesselate elements to be able to inspect such situations. Too complicated and not necessary.

To me this looks like a pure Combined Zone requirement and this can be handled as standard compliant check inside the GOM Software 2021.

Create the 2 symmetric planes with I-Inspect -> GD&T Quick Creation -> Perpendicularity. Select both planes and then right click and select Create Element Group.

Inside of the perpendicularity dialog you will find the CZ activated. Set the needed parameters for the tolerance and click on OK.

That's it.

To run the 2021 software a license update is required. Another possibility would be to use the free version. But projects created with 2021 can not be opened in previous versions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Dinko