How to make a difference between two distances?

---

Hi,

Is it possible to make a difference between two distances? I have two distances (same dimension on 2 different points) and I want to measure the difference between this two distances. An example in photo. The result must be 0.01 (absolute value)

1.png

You can use a user defined check (inspection menu -> check dimensions -> other -> user defined)

Maybe there's an easier way, but I did it like this:

• Define two variables A and B of type 'Element' and select the two scalar dimensions of which you want to calculate the difference.
  • In the field "Actual Expression" type this:
    A.actual_value - B.actual_value

Thank you for your reply! Where I can define the two variables A and B? If I have two distances and I want to make the difference between them. Where I can define the variables? I need step by step (and what to select) explanation. Thank you in advance!

Hello Marco,

the solution by Norbert seems right. Here is a picture of the check:

Snag_f9e1bbf.thumb.png.775eb02b51dc0ce4e1351ed416e300cb.png

When the check is done you can click on it (good practice is to chose a proper abbreviation and unit at the top of the dialog) and add the user defined check to I-Inspect in the properties tab. Chose "used like Distance". Then the check can be applied to another distance and a dialog will pop up, asking for "A" in the user defined check. When editing the check, a description can be defined instead of the character A.

Snag_fa57c1d.thumb.png.aa9b98b4ff5dfd3719ad4498decaed0b.pngSnag_fa52fc2.thumb.png.5d70aae7e96171a49203c19eea1d7553.png

There is also a more complicated example in the Tech guide/direct help:

https://techguide.gom.com/en/article/cmd_comparison_check_scalar_construct_user_defined.html

Regards,

Nanno

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
---

I am trying to get the average of the two lengths shown and am unable to successfully do so with what is listed above, so thought I was try a more obvious route, to no avail, any help would be appreciated. Seems like this would be an easy one, but darned if it's not confusing to me upon attempt.

image.thumb.png.0aa6aaede0ef0f961b1425eeefc04811.png

---

Hi Brian,

for dimensions of the same type I would recommend to create an element group (ZEISS Quality Tech Guide) from them. The element group can be checked directly for statistical values of a certain check.

image.png.1464802313c66e3a3d8baab62afc9979.png

Within a user defined check you have to access the element's correct tokens e.g. "A.actual.value" in the avg() function.

Nanno