T-Hawk Scanner not connecting to GOM

---

Hello everyone,

Few months using GOM inspection and a t-hawk scanner to compare our cad data to the stamped component. Today we go to start a scan and for some reason the GOM software is saying the scanner is using an older version. All software has been updated. IS there something I can check to see if my scanner is out of date or if it is the thumb drive that is out of date? not sure how to proceed with figuring this out. 

We reached out to support, and was directed to a tech support but from what I was told, we did not speak to software support, due to tech advise that everything was good and provided a random email. It seems our engineer was getting a run around with who to contact to figuring this out, and we have made no progress after 3-4 hours. 

Hi,

for hardware related problems (even in combination with software) you have to contact your local GOM partner. Usually we have to collect some more information to give a good advise. The Forum is usually not helpful for problems like this. 

Regards,

Bernd

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for the response. We ended up finding a 2021 version of the scanner file that goes along with the other 2021 gom software. Still waiting for it to fully download to see if that is the official issue.