Multiple parts assembly

---

Hi, what is the correct workflow of assembling multiple parts in Gom Inspect? I want to measure dislocation between two parts but cant figure out how to align them the way i need, i managed to align actual (scaned) data but not CAD data, is it even possible(needed)? What is the right method of measuring dislocation between two parts?

Hi,

if you have multiple parts of an assembly you would separate your project into multiple parts, usually each of them has a CAD and the measured part of your assembly. You would align the actual data for each part individually to the corresponding CAD (or you could use the alignment of one part as source to the other parts to establish one common alignment for all physically measured parts). Afterwards you could try to align the actual portion of one part to the actual portion of a different part to "simulate" a virtual assembly situation (e.g. via RPS, Bestfit, Geometric alignment, ...). We are offering e-Learnings for this special topic (you need of course also a Professional License).

Contact your local GOM partner for more information!

Regards,

Bernd