Measuring a circular bolt pattern

---

How do you measure a circular bolt pattern? I have a bolt pattern consisting of 10 holes (they are threaded).

Is there an option to create a circle from multiple circles or points? Maybe my options are limited with the non-professional license? With 3 of the 10 holes, I was able to "construct" a "3 point circle and report a GDT Position back to my datum system. Position was within .005". 

Are there anys tips in picking up the minor diameter of the threads? (I dont think gage pins would be practical).  Could I take a bunch of surface points and create a cylinder from them? 

I am only working with a mesh. I could not get the Mesh to align properly with CAD model, using RPS alignment. Our part is in process, with unfinished surfaces. Alignment was close.  

To construct a circle from multiple circles (>3) you can select all circles and RMB to use "select all points", then you'll see a red cross hair on each circle center, now construct a fitting circle to get the bolt pattern circle. 

For minor dia. you better use cylinder for each threaded hole with "max. inscribed" method (assuming your scan data are quite good).

Both can be done in free version.

Ray Xing

Xpert3D