Mesh Stitching

---

Hello, I am looking for some instructions on mesh stitching.  I am able to force the meshes together using the tool but they are not properly aligned.  I then tried to use my CAD as an alignment tool, but I can only view one mesh at a time so not sure how to stich them.

Hi,

let' start how you should have measure it more precise: you have to create "one common measurement coordinate system" e.g. with a photogrammetry measurement where you stick markers on each part which you like to measure. Then you would be able to measure the different meshes in the same coordinate system (even if they are scanned separately) and you don't have to worry about alignment problems (import the reference points as nominal reference points for your measurements).

If you haven't done this step in the beginning and you need accurate measurement results please repeat your measurements with the recommended step again.

Let's assume you don't need an accurate aligning of your measurement data (may be only for visualization aspects): You are able to transform single elements with the 'Single element transformation'. But be aware: The single element transformation destroys all parametric behaviour.

One possible approach would be:

• Align the single meshes individually to the CAD
  • Stitch them

Again: This is not the recommended way!

Regards,

Bernd