ATOS 5 Scanner Firmware Update Issues & software bug

---

Hello All ,

Hope everyone is safe & doing well

Yesterday we updated the GOM inspect Suite to 2021 version form 2018

I was hoping it could be helpful for us , but it didn't went well . 

First there was BIOS issues , which we resolved ( Even though we downgraded the bios version from the current one ) - So this was hectic and resolved finally .

Secondly after that we encountered new issues related to Sensor Firmware Update  - We check updates &  maintenance from GOM suits all looks ok ( Image 1 & 2 ) 

Once after we finished the bios issues it keep asking to update firmware  & when we do it's not taking the firmware update keep showing error ( Image 3, 4 ,5 & 6 )

How can we resolve this issues ? Anyone have similar system who faced this issues in past ?

Also if i trying to check system using GOM Maintenance Tool it shows another results that image acquisition driver is not compatible ( Image 7 ) . This itself is contradictory to the system image 1 & 2 ( which shows clearly the installed image acquisition driver  is fine & acceptable ) 

How can this bizzare result is possible ? ???

I must say i have really bad experience with GOM Software & its services . I use other CAD & reverse engineering software but such encounter is minimum & with valid reasoning .

They charge hell amount of money & software is in such poor build  .??

Need any suggestion for GOM user & communities to resolve this , as we can't use their hardware without their software , that's another issues

Thanks in advance 

Best Regards 

1.Maintainence Snapshot.PNG

2.Update Snapshot.PNG

3.Initialize Sensor Snapshot.PNG

4.Update Sensor Firmware Snapshot.PNG

5.Error Snapshot.PNG

6.Analyse Sensor Snapshot.PNG

7.GOM Maintainence Tool -Check System Snapshot.PNG

Edited

Hello Imran,

if you update from a version prior to 2020 HF4 this error may occur as in your case. Background is another size of the firmware update file. In this case you have to update the sensor firmware over the webinterface and not the software. In the dialog you have to chose the firmware file by hand. If you need help with this please reach out to your local distributor.

Regards,
Nanno

Dear 

Please sign in to view this username.

, we tried multiple solution with local distributor since yesterday, i m already in touch with them . 

But such issues should have been documented at knowledge base of GOM forums so that customer & end user can access it & troubleshoot it at the earliest .

For everything if we have to go through distributor it doesn't make sense . 

Anyhow i really appreciate your response .  

Best Regards 

Dear 

, could you kindly provide me firmware file access for manual updating the firmware  , so that i can resolve this issue at the earliest. 

I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards 

Hello Imran,

you will find the files in this direction:

C:\Program Files\GOM\2021\firmware

You have to chose the  file "xkona_firmware.tgz.bin" in the upload dialog of the webinterface -> sensor head/Update Firmware. 

If you are not sure with any step of the updating process please reach out again to your distributor or tell them to get in contact with gom.

Regards,
Nanno

Dear

, thanks for the response it worked .

I will try the measurement with it & update you how it goes . 

Best Regards