Cannot Import CAD files (.prt) into ATOS

---

Our company recently updated to NX 1973 (or NX12). When I try to import a prt file (NX file) into ATOS Professional 2018, I now get an error stating "CAD converter message: Cannot import the file. Internal API error number 11. Cannot read the file". Previously, we used to be able to import prt files no problem. Other file formats seem to work (namely parasolid), but importing as a prt file is preferable as assemblies import into ATOS as separated nominal elements already.

Can anyone help?

• 2 years later...
---

Hi. Today I encountered a similar problem with Atos Professional V8.

image.png.8ecd3c161805072954ed739d43613e4f.png

Regards

Adam

Edited

---

bonjour,

pour le problème de licence expirée (MCADImport-0051) quand il est impossible d'importer les CAO STP ou IGS,

il suffit de reculer l'horloge du computer d' un an ou plus, et il est possible importer les CAO.

---

I think it may help with a bit of explanation as f i recall correctly , there is a time based issue here.

Older versions of the software stopped being able to import .stp files due to licencing that is effectively baked into the software.

I.e. If you are still trying to use free version from v8.5 i would guess this falls into that situation as this is now very old software .

.stp import works no problem in the newer versions of free software ,  at least from 2019 onwards.

I have my reservations about the newer free licencing model from zeiss , but in the end if you download and register the latest version i would expect your problem to go away.

---

Please sign in to view this quote.

The only reason for using V8 is that it is the highest version that supports WIN 32-bit (X86).

---

I think with this pc you have very limited options and id think questionably appropriate for attempting to complete work using 3d software packages gom or otherwise.

If this type of work is intrinsic to your role is there any way you could use / acquire  something more modern?