Max point on a section

---

Hello,

is it possible to create a point on a section to find one of the indicated point? Something like a "circular virtual caliper" starting from the center of the Circle 1, I don't know if it's possible. Thank you very much.

2022-05-05 16_31_56-Clipboard.png

Hi,

you can create 'Deviation to Geometry' from the selected points of the section to the circle. Pay attention on the project type in this dialog: For a circle you usually choose 'Curve'. Afterwards you can apply a "Maximum picker" on the deviation plot to detect the position of your maximum deviation.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Bernd

Thank you very much, but is not a solution for my problem. I have to create, if possible, a point to use in alignment, and this point must be on the edge I have indicated before. I want to block the rotation not manually, see image below. I think it's possible only with a something like "circular virtual caliper", do you understand what i mean? Thank you very much in advance.

2022-05-06 14_44_30-Clipboard.png

Hi,

this is not possible from my point of view and I could not imagine how this makes sense (I have never seen this kind of requirement). Usually you can apply other alignment strategies which fulfills your needs.  I  strongly recommend to contact your local GOM partner and to discuss your application problem on the concrete data set. May be we can offer a nice workaround. At least we will have an understanding what your special requirements are and we could create therefore a software wish?!

Regards,

Bernd