Draw rectangle shapes for surface components

---

Hi,

I want to draw a rectangle shape as a surface component. But I can not find methods to do this.

And I'd like to get surface deviation of various materials without CAD files and export contour graphs to '.csv' files with the specific origin.

Is there any method to do them?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

no - there is no function to define a "synthetic" surface component. But what do you need such a surface component for?

You can create any plane (Construct -> Plane...) and manipulate its display size and rotation (to get any rectangle shape).
You can tesselate any geometrical element to a surface if you need (Construct -> Surface -> Tesselate Geometrical Element...).
You can compute deviation to any geometrical element (Inspection -> Deviation To Geometry...).

If you want to use another surface component for geometrical comparison without CAD, you can export any mesh, surface, surface component as STL file, reimport it with drag and drop and use it as CAD.

So which element type is the contour graph you want in the end? Most data can already be exported by File -> Export -> Geometry -> CSV/ASCII or File -> Export -> Stage Data -> CSV

If you end up with a deviation contour plot of a surface component, which cannot be exported by "File -> Export -> Stage Data -> CSV", you can create a user defined check to "copy" this data to a check, which can be exported.
19-05-_2022_11-49-10.png.81a142b3c064b07613270b9392d99681.png -> 19-05-_2022_11-50-28.png.508e090d7c0efbe9dfba79ad91fd9b75.png